Monday, February 20, 2012

Productivity tools to help ease the work flow

The two main purposes of productivity tools seem to be to help ease the work flow and to be able to connect teams together around information. A great tool that I have discovered is http://www.instapaper.com. It is a tool that enables you to instantly save a link to a running file for later viewing or sharing. I have lots to read throughout my day and little time to read it at the moment that it comes across my desk. The ability to file a link a way to a place which is easily accessible from any online device and which has a way to create folders to organize these links has posed invaluable to my work. It has enabled me to keep up with my reading without having to read things on the spot. It also gives me a way to share these links with my colleagues. It can share via email, Facebook, and Twitter to name a few. In a world of over inundation of information it is nice to be able to file things away in an organized fashion for later read/use as well as being able to share the information with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment