Monday, March 5, 2012

Keeping It Fresh

So I just signed into Prezi for the first time. I still remember when Power Point was first introduced. It was the rave and everyone started using it. If you didn't use it, it was like you were a pariah and your presentation was considered second rate. In truth, it did in fact help to organize ideas and present them in a linear way. But, the presentations were in fact then linear. The presenter would go from start to finish in a straight path with no real ability to fully connect multiple points of the presentation to another. Enter Prezi... This newish tool, which allows its users to develop more of a mind-map, enables the a presentation that is more fluid with multiple connection points. the presenter can easily move back and forth between ideas and layer the concepts visually. I found that it not only helps me present something nicely but also helps me think more clearly about the connection between the various pieces which I am presenting. I am sure that it will continue to push my thinking further as I use it more... until the next presentation software comes out and expands another aspect of visual presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment